It only takes twenty four hours for plaque that is not removed from your teeth to turn into calculus (tartar)! Daily home cleaning helps control plaque and tartar formation, but those hard to reach areas will always need special attention.
Once your periodontal treatment has been completed, your dentist and dental hygienist at Spring Creek Dental will recommend that you have regular maintenance cleanings (periodontal cleanings), usually three to four times a year. At these cleaning appointments, the pocket depths will be carefully checked to ensure that they are healthy. Plaque and calculus that is difficult for you to remove on a daily basis will be removed from above and below the gum line.
In Addition to Your Periodontal Cleaning and Evaluation, Your Fort Collins Dentist Appointment at Spring Creek Dental Will Usually Include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radio-graphs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Examination of tooth decay: Check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, cheek tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Oral hygiene recommendations: Review and recommend oral hygiene aids as needed (e.g., electric toothbrushes, special periodontal brushes, fluorides, rinses, etc.).
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
- Good oral hygiene practices and periodontal cleanings are essential in maintaining dental health and keeping periodontal disease under control!
Find a Dentist in Fort Collins, CO – Spring Creek Dental Office Location
Our Fort Collins dental office is located in the Rolland Moore Park Metro area (near Colorado State University) – Shields St between Prospect and Drake — and convenient to all of Fort Collins, CO and surrounding areas. Cosmetic Dentistry is one of Spring Creek Dental’s many specialties. A map and driving directions to our Fort Collins dentist office location can be found by clicking here.
Call Spring Creek Dental today to reserve your personal appointment and experience Fort Collins dentistry for an exceptional smile. Schedule an appointment today with one of our dentists or dental hygienists at our Fort Collins office by calling (970) 482-8883.
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Phone: (970) 482-8883